Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2014

REVIEW: Midnight(A McKenna Chronicle) by Elizabeth Miller



SYNOPSIS
There are many defining moments in life. I’ve had my fair share. One thing is certain, none of them compare to the life altering instant his piercing blue eyes capture mine. In one second life as I know it is over and the next chapter begins… 

One second. It alters journalist, Charlise "Charlie" Carter’s course. When asked to work on a Republican candidate's campaign, she’s unprepared for the intense reaction she has toward the young, handsome presidential hopeful, Colin McKenna. 

Unable to resist Charlie’s allure, McKenna succumbs to his desire and they find themselves exploring a passionate, physical relationship that is soon tested by not only their own secrets, but his political advisers. 

Traveling the country in pursuit of the presidential nomination, his career aspirations and complications from the past collide with their desire to be together, threatening to tear them apart forever. Midnight tells a compelling story of burgeoning trust, intense passion and secrets that could cause it all to unravel in a heartbeat. 

Midnight is an adult contemporary romance, due to strong language and sexual content this book is not intended for readers under the age of 18. 



REVIEW by Amy

Holy Cow!!!

Wow this book is amazing. 

Story is intriguing and captivating at the same time. 

Colin McKenna is the H.O.T state senator going state to state havering votes to be a president candidate. 

Charlie Carter is hired as the social media coordinator for the campaign. 

Both are damaged and are two broken halves but when they both fall into the sexual desire they have for one and another will the two halves become one?

Throughout the story your emotionally connected to the characters, learning about Charlie's background and then a little of Colin's. 

You hope that they find one another and can be each other's HEA. Although as you read the last chapter of the book you get a real bad feeling about what's coming. Until bam the story ended on a cliffhanger.

I'm not a huge fan of cliffhangers but boy do I love them too. I so can't wait to find out what happens to both Charlie and Collin. 

Who the stalker is? ( tho I think I have an idea)
What happens to Ella and her bitchyness

And finally will there be a HEA?   

Congrats on a wonderful story I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and look forward to reading more of your work. :-)

AUTHOR
I’m a long time book junkie, reading for as long as I can remember.  When I was young, my parents would take away my book as punishment for breaking the rules.  Grounding didn’t hurt so much, but taking away my book was torture! I work for a Healthcare system, in Human Resources as a Labor Relations Rep.  Always an interesting day in this field!  I’m married to a wonderful, very sarcastic and supportive husband.  We have two boys, 3 & 5, and two kitties, living in Rochester, MI. 
I graduated with an English Literature degree and always dreamed of writing, but life took over for a while and the passion was lost for a few years.  After falling for so many book boyfriends I decided to put my fantasy in print and began writing Midnight in 2013 - a dream come true when I published earlier this year. 
If I’m not writing, I’m reading or painting abstracts or playing Wii with my boys.  My other favorites are Halloween, Henry Cavill and BBQing with friends.

I’d love to hear from you, please feel free to contact via any social media site listed below.

SOCIAL LINKS
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21942663-midnight
Facebook:https://www.facebook.com/midnightelizabethmiller

Twitter: https://twitter.com/EMillerMidnight


No comments:

Post a Comment