Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Author Spotlight : Michelle Escamilla author of Dark Secret




Emma Blackwood was the epitome of ordinary. Lived in a small town, was good in school and loved to hang out with her friends. Wanting to escape the small town life, she headed to college in a big town. The only thing, as soon as college life was over, it was back to the same old thing. Normal. 

After a drunken evening out with her best friend, Kyle, Emma meets a mysterious man. One small touch of his hand made her feel things that she’s never experienced before. That moment changed everything for Emma. ‘Normal’ was never going to be a word to describe her ever again. 

Micah Oliver didn’t grow up in a normal world. His mother, a witch, had passed on her powers to him. He had a gift, one that could sense when others, like him, were near. Finding Emma was supposed to be a blessing for him, someone that would understand his way of life. Or was it? 
Emma doesn’t know her past, or her future and Micah has the answers, but there is one problem.
He has a Dark Secret….














Welcome Michelle Escamilla, I am so excited to have you here at Just One More Romance. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to sit down for an interview with us. 

Tell us about your work.  What are you writing now? 
The Many Ways To Take Over The World… No, I’m just kidding. I just finished writing my book Dark Secret. So I’m taking a few weeks to plot my next attack in the next book.


Where did you draw your inspiration for Dark Secret? 
I actually have to thank my mom for the idea for this book, but most of all, my editor and I brainstormed for several days before I got to work. I listen to a lot of music to set the tone of each scene.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 
Honestly, in 2013! I was reading A LOT of books and then I’d finish and find out that the next book was a year away. So while waiting for the next set of books or reading up on what author I needed to read next, my husband told me to start writing my own stories. After laughing at him for about an hour, I broke out my laptop and just started to go. After a whole bottle of wine and several advil’s I had a story going.

What was the first romance novel you read that made an impression on you?
First romance… Its honestly a toss up. I really enjoyed FSOG, but Maya Banks writing really made me consider writing. She’s got like 4 series’ of books going on and each one is just as amazing as the next.

What do you do while you write? Do you listen to music, watch TV, eat snacks, etc.? 
Well you already listed everything! Haha! I can’t work in the silence. I have two kids (almost 6 and almost 4) and so silence is not easy to come by. I throw on tv, put my headphones on (only when they are sitting in the same room) and I have a snack and I just go…well assuming that I don’t have writers block.

Tell us 3 surprising things about yourself.
1. I absolutely, positively HATE Jello haha! That is the most disgusting thing in the world.
2. I will be graduating with my AAS in business management this summer. Then will be enrolling in the nursing program!
3. I never thought I’d love writing as much as I do.


What’s the last movie you watched and loved?
Totally,  Bridesmaids. Kristen Wiig is my hero haha!

What’s your idea of a perfect date?
April 23rd, the weather is not cold… sorry Miss Congeniality was on the other day haha! Perfect date is anything without my kids haha! Dinner and a movie or drinks (yes anything with drinks is perfect too haha)

If you could take a romantic trip anywhere, where would it be?
I’d love to go back to England. But Hawaii. Well anywhere that doesn’t have this damn snow and cold! I’m over winter!

Do you believe in love at first sight?
Yes. I married him too J

Top three things on your bucket list:
1.   I want to meet Robert DeNiro. Yes, I know its way unachievable, but its on there
2.   Sky dive
3.  Write a bestseller haha!

Boxers or Briefs?   Well I prefer boyshorts… oh wait not for me… boxer briefs

Alpha or Beta?  Alpha. Definitely

Tattoos or Piercings?  both

Brains or Muscles?  Both? Haha! Brains

Planner or Wing it?  Planner!

Favorite feel good drink?    Alcohol haha! But for those non drinking days Pink Lemonade.

Vanilla or chocolate?  CHOCOLATE!!!

Laptop or desktop?  Laptop

Beach or mountains?  BEACH!

Winter or summer?  SUMMER!

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us interview you Michelle Escamilla and I look forward to having you back again on Just One More Romance.


Michelle Escamilla











No comments:

Post a Comment