Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Falling Softly ~AKay

**If you've not read any of the Compass Brother or Compass Girl's Series Books this review will have spoilers to both**


Mari Carr and Jayne Rylon

This one just doesn't need stars, it's a work of art and a comforting masterpiece.

Falling Softly was one of those books that I looked forward to but dreaded. I didn't dread the book because it meant the series was coming to an end though. For me the further into the Compass Girls I got the more I related and understood the pain and struggles of being a granddaughter to someone suffering from Alzheimer's.

Since the first book of the series I've found myself saying "yep that's right, oh I get that," and just outright crying because Vivi called someone by the wrong name or wandered off. This is a fear I live with every day. My Grandpa Floyd was diagnosed three years ago but as a family we'd suspected for longer. In the words of my grandma "he was good at covering it up with a joke". The doctors told us we'd have a good 8 years but those years are going far to quickly.

This book was so much more though. From that connection at first sight who turns out to be someone much closer to your family than you ever could have imagined. (every woman's secret dream) The connection and passion were so beautiful. These ladies took a love and made it a beautiful masterpiece for their readers. I could also feel the amount of healing that occurred while they shared the story in their minds.

 The book for me was healing and also a beautiful tribute to the characters these two ladies have created and made a part of our imaginations for ever. I see all the time "My book boyfriend" I like to think of the family at Compass Pass as my "Book family". They go through the same triumphs, struggles, joys and sorrows we all do.









Thank you Jayne and Mari for helping me to realize that I am not alone. Being called Brianna instead of by my name is not the end of the world. It is the hardest thing in the world to watch my brilliant grandfather get confused and distant. I think this was the perfect time for me to read this. 





Love you Grandpa 



No comments:

Post a Comment