Pages

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Shhh Mack's Side by Jettie Woodruff ~ JMAC



 
 
 
 

Private message Jettie on FB to be let in the back door of her private group where the release day party for Mack's side will be held.



My name is McKenzie Perry. I’ve lived a life filled with secrets. Secrets that took me years to understand. 
Secrets that my bestie, Gia, and I kept from the world. Secrets that only I knew. I wasn’t afraid of the lies,
the secrets, or the hidden skeletons. That’s not what frightened me. I was afraid that one day they would come out, somebody would find out the truth. If I am the only one that knew the secrets, the lies, then they were safe, right? 

It took several years for me to understand the impact of lies. Lies I told, secrets I kept, and the lives they controlled. One of the things I know to be true is I did the things I did for a reason, even if I didn’t know it at the time. 

They all had a reason. 

My name is Mack and this is my side of the story. 

 
 
*JMAC'S REVIEW* 
 
OK. This review took me longer than ever to write because for the first time, in a very long time, I am at a loss of words.  Jettie has once again completely f****d the s**t out of my mind.  It's no secret that Jettie Woodruff is one of my favorite authors.  As always, when I started Shhh Mack's Side, I had no idea what to expect.  The writing style of Jettie completely traps you in the story.  I became one with Mack. 
 
Mack and Gia were best friends.  They grew up together, but their was always competition between both families.  Sometimes the one person closest to you, is really your enemy.  That was the case for Mack and Gia.
 
This story is one that will mess with your head.  The ups and downs of Mack's personality was explained so thoroughly that I felt like I was on that same roller coaster.  I don't want to say much and give anything away.  This story was one of a girl who felt helpless.  Mack wasn't able to cope with things that have gone on, things that were still going on.  Anytime she would begin to talk about the her past, and what happened, she would try to close herself off, almost as if she didn't want to remember, or was trying very hard to forget.  The realism of Mack's illness was portrayed extremely well. 
 
Nothing in my review will, or could ever do justice to Shhh Mack's Side.  Between the twists and turns, reality and make up, the story is just brilliant.  I'll be honest, I love all of Jettie's books, but this one is my FAVORITE.  Mrs. Woodruff really outdid herself with this one.  Like I said earlier, I don't want to give anything away, because the littlest detail could do just that.  If you like a dark story, that will make you sit for days after you've finished, saying to yourself, "WTF just happened";  a true mind F**K,  read Shhh Mack's Side.  It is brilliantly written, and a story you will never forget. 
 
If I could give Shhh Mack's Side a 20 star I would, because that is what it deserves.  But, I will have to settle for a bold 5 stars.  Jettie, once again you outdid yourself!
 
<3 JMAC
 

 
 
 
 
(click to make larger)





 
Jettie Woodruff is a lifelong writer, living in a pretend world since she was a little girl. Jettie spent hours filling pages of spiral notebooks with a number two pencil and a wild imagination. Her very first story was a scifi of all things.
 Jettie writes more along the lines of erotica now. She likes to keep her readers on edge, and deliver a story that will pull out every emotion possible. Writing on the edge of taboo and dark, Jettie hopes to distribute an adventure you'll not soon forget.

 Married for twenty five years, raising two boys and one girl has left lots of writing material. She has recently become a grandma to not one, but two of the most beautiful little girls on planet earth.

 Jettie also hates doing this bio. That's all you get. She loves to read and write. What else is there? <3




*************
Brought to you by Beauties and The Book

No comments:

Post a Comment