Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Author Interview - C.S. Patra


C.S. Patra 

C.S. Patra has been writing for a very long time and has books lined to be published in the next few years. Previously, she had written poetry books before releasing a novel under her real name, Lengths for Love. She released her fist book series but certainly not her last. Currently, she is with California Times Publishing. She lives in NC with her family.

Twitter: @CyberPeacock


Welcome C.S. Patra, I am so excited to have you here at Just One More Romance. Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to sit down for an interview with us. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself?

Thank you for having me. Well, I’ve been writing for a long time and I have far too many ideas and books to write. My day job and grad school usually tend to slow me down but I still try to squeeze in some time to write. Right now, my biggest thing is trying to prioritize myself. I still don’t have that one down pat but we’ll see.

Tell us about your work.  What are you writing now? 

Well, my next book that’s going to come out is part of a series called The Reaper’s Apprentices. While the first book isn’t quite as romantic, it’s basically setting up everything to happen in future books. This one is where you will get to see a romance build slowly from book to book, between man and demon. You’ll see how the main characters got to the place that they are based on just the first book.


Where did you draw your inspiration for this story? 

It’s a story idea that’s been forming in my head for more than twenty years now. I kept thinking about it and changing things around so many times until I was satisfied. We had so many women falling in love with supernatural creatures that I wanted to change this a little bit. Ladies can make quite some interesting supernatural characters too.

When did you first realize you wanted to be a writer? 

I was always interested in writing but I didn’t get too involved with it until I turned 18.

What was the first romance novel you read that made an impression on you?

As silly as this will sound, it was probably one of those teen horror novels that I used to read as a child. Despite all the murder and scary things, the romance was very romantic to a thirteen-year old me.

What do you do while you write? Do you listen to music, watch TV, eat snacks, etc.? 

I listen to my Last.FM music. I’ve got a wide variety of songs and artists on that. Sometimes I might put on an old show that I’ve watched and let the background noise play.

Tell us 3 surprising things about yourself.
1.  I like to write outside the box sometimes, things that most authors won’t write.
2.  I like turtles.
3.  I love macaroni and cheese.

What’s the last movie you watched and loved?

Last movie I did see in general was Frozen and despite a few issues I had with it, I liked it.

What’s your idea of a perfect date?

Anywhere that the two of us can have peace and quiet with each other. No noise, no other distractions, just each other. We’d talk and enjoy each other’s company. I know, it’s a very simple date.

If you could take a romantic trip, where would it be?

Take me all around Asia. I really want to tour the whole continent one day or most of it.

Do you believe in love at first sight?

I think it can happen but I prefer love that grows gradually.

Top three things on your bucket list:
1.  Get a book of mine turned into a movie/TV show
2.  Have a child
3.  Win an Oscar/Emmy/Tony for writing (very, very wishful thinking)


Boxers or Briefs?   

Depends on the guy but boxers usually

Alpha or Beta?   

Beta with a  little Alpha in him.

Brains or Muscles?  

Brains.

Planner or Wing it?  

Planner for the most part.

Favorite feel good drink?    

Hot chocolate for winter, ice tea for summer.

Vanilla or chocolate?  

Chocolate

Laptop or desktop?  

Desktop

Beach or mountains?  

Mountains

Winter or summer?  

Winter

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us interview you C.S. Patra and I look forward to having you back again on Just One More Romance.













No comments:

Post a Comment